Management is a very valuable factor in terms of organizational Human Resource management.
Human Resource professionals and business leaders demand to stay contemporary ( up to the minutes ) on industry policies, technological, digital changes, marketing strategies, employee management & ORGANOGRAMS.
An organogram is a graphical presentation of an organization structure or organizational chart and breakdown structure in the diagram that shows the hierarchical relationship and relative rank of the part of the position.
This type of diagram also shows the relationship between directors, managing directors, the CEO, and various departments.
Usually, five types of organograms are adopted by various organizations.
- Hierarchical organogram
- Functional organogram
- Metrix organogram
- Flat ( Horizontal ) organogram
- Divisional organogram
The most valuable Human Resource management is usually structured vertically, Horizontally, or with open boundaries. Here we create better job descriptions which are covered the basics of the description structure and develop the HR teams. According to the research report – HR management policy in the world approx 75% of responses.
The organization said – ” HR has a place on the board of directors “
So we can say HR is taking exclusive responsibility for an extensive policy decision. The HR department plays a strategic role in an organization and managers, directors – levels, HR roles are collaborating with the COO, CFO, CEO of the organization.
This type of organization in the HR department appears mainly in large organizations. which doesn’t mean that a small firm can benefit from it. Organizations can be outsourced HR services which are highly particular, can envelop all the needs that a small and medium-size organization may require. First, we analyze the management chart to look like a Pyramid.
The traditional organization is generally insolent on the three levels.
- Top-level management
- Middle-level management
- Lower level management
1commonly! these levels are represented in the form of a pyramid having top-level, middle-level, and lower-level management.
- Top-level management– Senior most managers like CEO, COO, CFO, are responsible for making decisions that affect the entire organization, thus impacting the all-overgrowth and development of the organization.
- Middle-level management – It is responsible for effective filaments of plans and objectives laid down by the top-level management mainly intermediary between the top and bottom level management.
- Lower level management – The bottom-most group of managers in the organization, who is responsible for managing the work of the non-managerial employee of the organization.
Now come back to our main agenda.
Let’s go through the five most valuable human resource management organograms and the reason why we might consider each other.
1. Hierarchical organogram:
A hierarchical organogram attributes to a companies chain of requirements basically from senior management and executive to general employees. You know heretical organograms are typically represented in a management pyramid. Keep in mind, it’s essential to calculate the pron and corns as well as our organization needs in order to make the most beneficial decision for our organization.
Heretical organogram can prove to have many benefits, like
- development be loyal to
- apparently, define a career path and promotion plan
- obviously, define authority
- controlled levels
- hearten or inspire speciallaisation
Although, they are many benefits to implementing a hierarchical organogram, using all types of organizational techniques can also have a hitch. So we have some cons
- It can be expensive
- Impoverished communication
- Can slow down innovation due to increased bureaucracy
2. Functional Organogram:
A functional organizational organogram is a structure used to organized workers it’s similar to a heretical organization’s organogram.
It is a vertical chart of each department with roles from the president to finance, sales department to customer service to employee appointed to one service or product.
The functional organization consists of specialized units that report to a single authority, called top management.
“Functional Organizational Organogram”
The functional unit handles one aspect of product or service as:-
- Information technology
– Encourage specialization
– Its provide a perfect environment for learning new employees.
– It’s easily scalable in any sized organization.
– Obscures process strategies for different markets or products in an organization.-Prevent interdepartmental communication.
– Large organizations are better situated to choose functional organograms and small organizations may not need the charts or may find it too constraining.
– A functional organogram is a fundamental research and development program suitable for a functional organogram because the project can capitalize on the expertise of the department.”
3. Matrix organogram –
It’s most commonly used in the organization used to disburse resources and workers across multiply operations.
Matrix organogram is workplace arrangements in which employees report 2 or more managers, rather than one manager commanding every facet of the project.
Mostly 3 types of matrix organogram:
- Week matrix organogram: It is similar to traditional workplace hierarchy.A functional manager commands all conditions of a project & acts as the initial source of decision making, while there is a project manager who also acts as a point of arbitration, they conclusively answer to the functional manager.
- Balanced matrix organogram: In this organogram, authority is given to the project manager while there is a still functional manager who is the initial jurisdiction employee who also reports to the project manager.
- Strong matrix organogram: It provides the project manager with equal and more power than the functional manager.
The project manager has initial control all over resources and the distribution of tasks.
“A matrix organogram is used to organize workers according to their specific skills and related work in the organization.”
“Matrix HR Organogram” There are so many benefits of implementing of matrix organizational organogram within the workplace. Benefits are –
– Improve employee motivation
– Develop teamwork
– Maximize the use of resources
– Increase communication efficiency
– Employees’ professional development
Here we can consider some disadvantages also like
– Authority confusion
– Increase management overhead cost
– Conflicts between managers and project
So we can understand matrix organogram is suitable for your organization
Matrix templates can increase the productivity and transparency of the organization. HR matrix is used in LUCID CHART to customize and visualize the right organizational organogram.
4. Flat (Horizontal) organogram:
A Flat (Horizontal) organizational organogram with a minor level of middle-level management between employees and leaders.
A flat (Horizontal) organogram is an organizational chart with only a minimum layer of management. The department head has a large length of control and more assistant or aide and there is a small chain of laws.
They have many good communication skills and are easy to communicate information to each other.
Small businesses accepting modern contact to management are most likely to use a flat organizational organogram.
But some organizations control this organogram since it strengthens less supervision and higher involvement from all employees.
- Fewer management LEDs to improve communication
- Self-determination and responsibility for employees
- Employees feel motivated
- Lack of breakthrough opportunity
- Higher responsibility for managers
- Manager have higher competition with their subordinates.
Divisional organizational organization- the manager’s group together to produce or provide benefits, not those who do the work on their own. In individual organogram, organizations division has control over their resources compulsory operating like their own organization within the larger organization.
A basic functional organogram is almost like a divisional organogram which is more appropriate to their activities.
Divisional can compare to either products or geographies
In divisional organogram comprise detaching business units or divisions.
Each division has its sections like IT team, Marketing team, HR team, sales team, production team, etc. Depends on the organization’s condition their some variation to consider as
- Market-based divisional organizational organogram – Divisions are scattered by the industry, market, or customer type. A large consumer goods organization like GOOGLE, WALLMART, might scatter their goods. ( Electronics, furniture, clothing, networking, etc. ) form logistic division.
- Product-based divisional organizational organogram – In this organogram organizations allow employees into self-sufficient divisions. Divisional organogram focused on the different software contributions. Eg. Adobe, Photoshop, In-Design, etc.
- Geographic divisional organizational organogram – Divisions are detached by capitals, territories, Districts, Regions, Countries, And effective logistics and localization.
An organization might provide satellite offices all over the country or the globe to settle near to their customers.
Advantages – It may be helpful because it manages the organization greatest operation flexibility, these are as follows:
- Divisional head responsible for profit, revenue, and cost related to a different type of departments, it can be easily identified and assigned.
- Allows to quick response to customers.
- Promotes autonomy, customized approaches, and independence.
- Help to wide settled flexibility.
Disadvantages– It has certain cons as follows:
It is the design of the work, plays a vital role in performing the tasks, aligns the appropriate resources of the organization with the priorities defined in the business strategy, and embodies the culture of the organization. The relationship between the organization and the various people, departments, and jobs at different levels within that organization directly affects a company’s ability to attract, engage, and retain top HR talent.
FindFirms Meetup 2021, India
What is Employee Growth and Why it Matters. What is employee growth? Employee growth is how an employee seeks additional training to improve their current skills, acquire new ones, and grow their expertise. This is often done with the assistance and encouragement of...
Browse Your Favorite Softwares
Point of Sale
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Hey, there 👋 We’re here to help!
Never miss a post
By submitting this form, you are agreeing to receive communications from FindFirms.
There are tens of thousands of applications and software on the market. How do you choose the right one for your business?